- E-mail yourself reminders on important dates such as anniversaries, birthdays, valentines day, etc...
- E-mail yourself reminders on important dates such as when sporting or concert tickets go on sale.
- Remind yourself of an important due date in the future.
- Send yourself an Email at the end of the day to remind yourself to buy milk, eggs or any other errands that you may need to run.
- Maybe you saw something cool on the internet and want to send yourself the link in a couple of days.
- You can send a message to yourself several years in the future such as a list of goals that you would like to accomplish or where you would like to be in life.
Not So Useful Uses
- Email your boss an automated out sick message (while you're at the beach!)
- Emailing yourself in the past. I haven't quite figured out how to build the flux capacitor yet to time travel. Maybe soon though!!!
- Sending emails to addresses that don't exist..... or is it?
- Sending yourself reminders for the wrong dates. If yo can't correctly remember your anniversary, then you're pretty much hosed.
- Sending an email to an address that you don't plan on having when the e-mail is supposed to be sent. For instance. Don't send an e-mail to your college e-mail account in 8 years unless you plan on having access to that account in 8 years. Chances are, you would have alredy graduated.... I hope ;)